Memory skills rehabilitation
The memory skills group is designed for older adults who have experienced a change in their thinking or memory as a result of a neurological condition or injury.
The eight-week program provides education and training on compensatory strategies, helping people manage their memory difficulties.
The group provides an opportunity to:
- learn how memory works, including some causes of memory difficulties
- learn practical strategies for different situations
- practice different memory strategies
- learn ways to cope with memory lapses
- share experiences with others with similar difficulties.
The Memory Skills Group is an outpatient program involving a small number of participants.
Download our memory skills program information.
Referrals and enquiries:
A doctor’s referral to an Epworth Geelong Rehabilitation Physician is required for entry into this program.
Referrals can be sent to:
Fax: 03 5271 7068
For further information, please contact the outpatient coordinator on 03 5271 7055.